Head, Financial Advisory
- The Position Holder is responsible for leading deal origination, and delivery of financial advisory services to clientele on various complex assignments relating to mergers & acquisitions, debt restructuring & refinancing, management buy-outs / buy-ins, bond issuance, initial public offers & share re-issuance etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Business Strategy: Define and implement the company’s business strategy in line with conditions in its operating environment and helping to drive the implementation of strategic initiatives that sustain / improve the company’s competitive advantage within its operating environment.
- Relationship Building: Influences key stakeholders and manages 'high value' relationships at a strategic level to identify and build relationships with partners and stakeholders to support long term business development.
- Deal Origination: Lead the origination of new deals / transactions by proactively working to establish the company’s credibility as an investment partner, aggressively pitching prospective clients to generate leads, and managing relationships with intermediaries.
- Transaction Strategy: Responsible for overall strategy of a transaction, including negotiations, client interaction, and management of documentation.
- Deal Execution: Responsible for leading the execution of acquired transactions from ensuring thorough due diligence, evaluation of financial, tax, and legal risks; understanding true cost of compliance, assessing fair market value of assets and liabilities; and determining feasibility of business plan given projections, and available resources.
- Debt Restructuring: Responsible for helping clients improve business cash-flow, and avoid financial distress, by interfacing with financial institutions to negotiate the restructuring and / or refinancing of clients’ debt obligations, so as to allow them continue business operations.
- Financial Modelling: Oversees the preparation of abstract models representing (possible) real-world financial models to support decision-making by key stakeholders on business valuations, scenario planning, capital budgeting, financial statement analysis, and project finance.
- Client Advisory: Act as seasoned adviser to clients, providing independent opinion on complex financial transactions and scenarios, such as mergers & acquisitions, debt restructuring & refinancing, management buy-outs / buy-ins, bond issuance, initial public offers & share re-issuance etc.
- Research: Oversee the preparation of extensive valuation and pricing analyses to support firm’s financial advisory activities.
Supports Team’s Development: Provides advice, guidance and assistance to less experienced colleagues as required.
- Minimum of 15 years of cognate experience spanning corporate banking and / or capital market operations, with at least 5-7 years in leadership role.
- Bachelor degree from accredited university.
- MBA or other advanced degree in finance.
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. CFA or similar professional qualification